Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cubes, pods, grey boxes

Has anybody figured out the cubicle? It's such a shoddy semblance of privacy-I fail to see the point in the fuzzy grey 3/4 walls. Does management think if we're out of each other's sight our minds are more focused on spreadsheets and evaluations? I can hear the softest noise from my podmates...surely nobody's fooled? I don't mind sneezing, chewing, typing - in fact, I love the women I share this false sense of privacy with and all of their sounds. It's comforting each morning to hear that voice come through the temporary wall, wishing me good morning. It's nice to have five voices simultaneously chime "bless you" when I sneeze. I just wonder why the effort of walls that do nothing - I'd rather see my podmates' faces than grey fuzzy walls. I'd rather have deskmates than podmates.

No comments: