Saturday, February 2, 2008

Night Skiing Doesn't Suck


This week was pretty rockin. Saturday my buddy from college, Mike took Amtrak down from Seattle. We met up with Bob and chatted primary politics and the free market at World Cup, hit the ridiculous car show and then caught some local bands at The Doug Fir.

On Wednesday Brandon, Grace, Nicora and I went night skiing up at Skibowl. The first few times I ever went night skiing I wasn't a huge fan of it. It was cold, dark and seemed like a waste considering the snow kept getting icey and you were limited by what was illuminated. Maybe that had something to do with being at Meadows because since last season I can't get enough of it. On Wednesday we all met up at Brandon's around 4:30 and hit the road up the mountain. With just a short stop at Subway we are on the slopes by 6. The conditions were soft and powdery and we had the entire upper bowl to ourselves. With zero lift lines Brandon and I hit upper bowl from every different angle all night long. At around 9:30 we all packed back in the car for a short ride home with no traffic and were in bed by 11 that night. Oh and did I mention it's only 25 bucks?

And then to top it all off I got a call from our friends who are in Burkina Faso in Peace Corps.

No comments: