Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ruff, that's how I blog it

Honestly, dog blogging, or dlogging as some pups are referring to it these days, is in a sad state. Is it a result of the current administration? Possibly yet another fallout from the Bush's feline like tendencies?

If I read one more blog about the pleasure of gnawing through leashes, barktarding at your reflection in the window or summarily ripping stuffed animals and lying around their soft cottony entrails I'm going to pack up my doggy toys and hitch a ride to Canada.

Apart from being a pathetic excuse for Josh and Nicora to show my impressive photogenic qualities I want this dlog to really bring people back to the heart of the world from a dog's perspective.

Humans, take it from a dog, through a dlog - the heart of the world is in relishing the little things, the plain little things. Simplicity. One toy. One soft bed. One type of food and one drink. Two humans to give you a little love now and then. The softness of grass, and the squishiness of mud between the toes. Or claws. Whatever you happen to have.

Barking at nothing, slashing through innocent stuffed animals - that is a subject for the idle minded. Come now, dogs of the world, let's dig a little deeper, ponder the truth, and share it with our fine two-legged friends.

If you spend your time on four legs or two or maybe even try and split your time equitably, hit that little comment link below and post a little something from your perspective. I especially want to hear any ideas from my pawed friends on how their e-life is going.

ruff!

2 comments:

Kate Ristau said...

Winslow:

BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARK

[cough, cough]

growl...growl...

BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
BARK.

Green Granny said...

Dear Olive,
I'm really glad that You, Like Rambo and I, embrace the Buddhist Philosophies. A calm, uncluttered mind, Peaceful acceptance, oneness with nature, & the Joy of being fully Present make our dog-life one of the best incarnations attainable-second only, in my opinion, to that of the hump-back whale. Now please excuse me..I must attempt to attain Nirvana by rolling on a decomposed garden-snake carcass.
Humbly Yours,
Luna