Sunday, September 21, 2008

50 years and two fresh starts


We celebrated my grandparents' Golden Anniversary last weekend. Some champagne, a jimmy-rigged wedding cake, little black dresses, and dancing to the oldies. Though I don't entirely believe it's been 50 years of wedded bliss, it's at least been 50 years of steadiness. Sure some bickering, definitely some family drama, but still, a lifetime worthy of looking up to. Josh and I will be the next in the family to reach that milestone and it's a challenge I welcome - my heart still beats true love for Josh and I can't wait to dance a whirl to David Gray in 2052. I obviously won't be a great grandma by then, or at least I certainly hope not, but hopefully there'll be some well-raised, content children to look up to our marriage as I look up to my grandparents'.

With 50 years behind them, my grandparents also get to celebrate two new engagements, two new additions to our fun family. Adria and Rob got engaged this summer and Jake just proposed to Lorressa yesterday. Congratulations to our family on it's summer of love!

No comments: